Tuesday, July 21, 2009

winding down

so, all my trips are taken, all the company is gone, and school is starting soon. Matter of fact, I have to register my children on the 5th. It just gets earlier every year. Then we have to get school shoes/clothes/supplies. Let the fun begin.
Chick is ready to come home. She goes to her dad's family every summer and they spoil her rotten. She is treated like visiting royalty then comes home and is grouchy when reality comes crashing in. Apparently, she is not liking her visit this year as much because within 2 weeks she was ready to come home. She hasn't even seen everyone yet. She is fifteen now so maybe that is playing a part too. Fifteen, wow, how did that happen? I know, there is lots more to come, it takes me by surprise sometimes. I mean, yesterday she was wanting to go play with the 'germs' (German children in the neighborhood when she was four) and now I have to get her homecoming gowns and class rings. AND I have three more people to make this journey with.
My mother is getting ready to move. She was living at my grandmothers house and now that she has passed, mom is ready to get out of there. I am ready for her to get as far away from Missouri Valley as she can. Probably not very mature of me but I do not like that town. Lots of shady politics. So I imagine I will be enlisted, no, not imagine, I KNOW I will be enlisted to help. And I do so gladly.
Bubba went to the prostedontist (sp?) yesterday to get impressions for his over dentures. Poor kid, he is 11 and will have to wear them because his permanent teeth will never come in. He has 2 permenant teeth and has no molars, I feel kinda bad I hadn't noticed that till the regular dentist pointed it out. They are a little different from regular dentures in that they go over his existing teeth. They don't want to pull teeth unless they have to because without the teeth there, the jawbone starts to shrink and that will cause problems later in life. He really fought it, was kinda depressed about the whole thing. I think once he gets used to them, he will wonder what the big deal was.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

where is your mom moving too and bubba will be just fine, once he realizes people won't notice so much
w