Sunday, September 20, 2009

seriously

I have had a rather rough re emergence to the productive faction of society. Another words, it';s been rough since I started working. First, I am having a terrible time adjusting to sleeping all day. I wish I could remember what it was like as a teen, these hours were the norm then. I get off at 7 am, get home about 8 usually and fall asleep around 9. Then I wake up anywhere from 11 to 1 sometimes 2 if I am really lucky. I didn't think I needed a lot of sleep but apparently, I missed the memo that tells me all the fun stuff about getting older. So, as I am cruising down the desolate gravel road on my merry way to the highway that takes me to my new job, I am thinking in my head all the stuff that I should have gotten done that day and what I can cram into the next, when I miss the slow your butt down spot and hit a 20 mile an hour curve at like 40. On loose gravel. Yeah... guess what I found out? An '07 Dodge Caravan will NOT fly over a cornfield and land gracefully. It goes CRASH, BOOM and there are 2 airbags in front of the driver. One is in the steering wheel and one is in the column to protect your legs. That one hurts like a dickens, FYI. So I had to call my husband and tell him that I wrecked our minivan. I started the call by telling him "you are going to be so pissed but don't be mean to me" and he was pretty great about it. Of course now I have to listen to "it's not harvest time yet" and "I didn't know Dodge made a combine". The insurance company totalled the van, when I get the picture ( I just got one, that is another story) I will have to share, to look at it, there wasn't that much damage. Till you looked under the hood, where the radiator was supposed to be there was corn stalks and mud and a little grass. The radiator was shoved against the engine so hard, it broke the motor mounts. Apparently, those are necessary. :) I felt so bad, especially when Mikey is back to driving his old truck after just getting his new baby a couple of months ago. Then I hit a deer. I still stand by my statement, it was a suicidal deer. I cracked up the grill on Mike's baby and he is fully on board with finding a little gas car for me to drive. I think the thought of another scratch is almost too much for him to bear. And really, I don't wanna keep the two of them apart, it is almost heart breaking to watch.

3 comments:

supermom said...

oh, so sorry to hear about your accident. the great thing is that you did not get hurt and are OK. i remember working nights when I was 18. it took some getting used to,working till 2 am. but, i was a young duck and could handle it. i don't know that I could do it now though! i hope your job is going well though!

RJ Redden said...

Suicidal deer suck!! There are some around here too - how much would it take to set up a support group? I think I have a can of coffee in my car...

Unknown said...

Our newspaper just had an article about how suicides have DOUBLED around here in the past year. So I guess that goes for deer, as well. Aaaah, the economy...