Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Amazing!

I know, I am amazed at remembering to update almost as much as you are amazed that I am updating. Tis the season for graduates. This year, it is striking me rather harshly as some of the kids graduating are related to me. And I used to change their diapers. Ok, maybe not literally but I was certainly old enough to. So, there are four of them between this weekend and last weekend. Wow. Then I get to thinking about how Chick is going to be a junior in high school. When did that happen? I know, when I wasn't looking.
Speaking of Chick, she got her learners permit. She is doing a great job of driving, gets a little nervous when semi's pass her but that is just a confidence thing. She also got 1st place in an art show at school. It is a huge paper mache bug she named Quasimodo. I will try to get some pictures up later.
Bubba is doing his best not to do anything this last week of school. There are 5 days left, I hope he can hang in there for it :)
411 is having her year end recital for dance class next week. She is so excited, she gets to sing too so she can hardly contain herself.
Mister is loving having roads to ride his bike on. He has made a new bestest best friend that he can hang out with and has had the other half of double trouble spend the night.
We went to the heart walk along the river in Omaha last weekend in memory of our niece, Hadleigh. It was pretty bittersweet to see all the people that turned out is support of her. The team raised about $800 which I didn't think was too bad.
We are getting ready for camping season, next weekend, bring it on! Mike is so antsy, even Chelle is ready to go!! I am toiling away at my job, I have discovered I am pretty good at this leasing stuff. It has almost been a whole year, it doesn't seem like it.
The kids are getting ready to transfer to their new school next year. The younger ones are excited, Chick not so much. She would rather stay put, I think it would be very good for her to meet new people and interacts with other kids her age that can give her a fresh start socially. We'll see.

No comments: