Tuesday, September 2, 2008

post labor day

My camera did a half-gainer off the top of the fridge unto concrete this weekend at the river. I am totally bummed. I was just getting used to having it at all times to capture those moments in time that get missed. Hopefully I can get a new one soon. It still works a little but I don't wanna push it.
I am done sewing, now moving on to clipping. I HATE this part. The nice thing is I can do it while I watch TV but it takes sooooo long. I have the little seams of all 437 blocks plus the long seams of all 23 rows. I am bitching, I know. I love the effect and the response when I give them, that is why I do it. That doesn't mean I have to like it though :)
My mom has to have surgery in both her eyes, she is a little nervous. It is interesting to me to be in this situation. My mom has always been very self sufficient, one of my better qualities I must say. Now she needs me. And it never crossed my mind not to be there for her. That must say something; like even though I bitch constantly, and get frustrated with my kids all the time, I must be an ok gal. I like that. It is good to know about me. I doubt myself so much, it is really good to know that deep down, when push comes to shove, I can ignore all the reasons that I am disappointed/ pissed and be there for her. Granted, it is just a couple of rides to and from but dammit, I am taking my warm fuzzies!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

ditto... sending warm fuzzies for your mom.. remind me when she goes... i want to send her a card so she has some warm fuzzies too!
whimp

Cindy said...

I saw new Rag Quilt snipping scissors at Hobby Lobby the other day. They are made just for clipping rag quilts. I also saw some spring loaded scissors at Wal-Mart made by Fiskars. They are both supposed to work really really good.