Thursday, August 19, 2010

I seriously suck at updates

Ok, so it has been a little longer then a month. I really need to get better at keeping all the adoring fans updated, both of you. The wonderful blessings I call my offspring have all started back to school. Thank the powers that be for that. Chick is now a junior, Bubba is officially a junior high student in 7th grade, 411 is in middle school at 5th grade and Mr. is in second grade already. We do have a new friend staying with us, she is a freshman. I tell you what, getting 5 kids ready for a new school year was not as much fun as one would think. I don't know that I could do anymore than that. Of course, you don't know what you can handle until the situation presents itself.
We still have not gotten down to the river again this year. Stupid Missouri, coming out of the banks all summer long. At this point, I think we will just have a get together at the house for labor day.
I did finally get a new couch. It's a sectional that is supposed to be L shaped but the girls put it in a straight line so it takes up an entire wall which works cuz all 7 of us can sit on it :) Now Mikey is bound and determined to get the biggest TV he can to go in the living room. Boys and their toys.
We got Chick a car. She can get her license in October so she will be ready to go. It's a 2000 Intrepid, like my old car but red. I miss that car. I had to get rid of it because Mr decided to make an entrance into the world. I almost want to trade her cars, how sad is that?
We are taking the kids to Adventureland next weekend. That ought to be a great photo op. We haven't gone to an amusement park since we left Germany so I am super excited.

No comments: