Monday, October 13, 2008

So here is the thing

I should be getting combat pay for having to wake a teen and get her off to school. My own little version of Katie Kaboom (it's a cartoon about a sweet all american girl complete with dimples, till she loses her temper and then all you see is a mushroom cloud). I love my daughter and I truly feel for her frustration but DAMN! She was in hysterics this morning (less then 20 minutes of getting out of bed in a great mood) because her shoelace wouldn't tie exactly as she wanted it. I am sitting here going, seriously?
Mike's best friend and his niece are getting married. It's kinda odd, although we do get some good jokes out of it: Uncle Brother being one of my favorites. He is going back to Iraq today for the last 9 months of his tour. The really depressing part is, his unit already has a redeployment date for the next time. Things change so quickly, especially in the military, I only hope that this is one of them. It is really hard being a military spouse, I don't know that I would ever want to do it again. Not that it would ever come up again, I am just saying.
411 is a girl scout nut selling fool. She loves going around talking to people trying to get them to buy stuff. One of my 7 circles of hell, but she grooves on it.
Bubba is bummed now that Lil Zach left. Then we find out his other friend, Jordan, is moving to Missouri. I really like Jordan, he is a very polite kid. You know the kind, the kind you hope your kids are when you aren't around. Figures he is the one moving and not the really obnoxious one.
Mr is loving kindergarten. He trys to say he doesn't want to go for form sake but is the first one out the door every morning.
We went through the re-licensing interview and are just waiting on our new license to come in the mail. Not that we are using it a whole lot. We did get a call for a group, 2 sets of twins, all under the age of 5. There isn't enough Prozac in the northern hemisphere for me to want to take on that many more.

No comments: