Friday, August 14, 2009

Let me tell ya...

Yesterday was my 35th birthday. Every year it is really kinda a bummer because I am an adult and you just never get that huge deal made out of your day like you did when you are a kid. I know this but I still get really excited that maybe someone will do something super special just for me on my day. I know, we do the sister breakfasts and I get REALLY spoiled when it is my turn. BUT I am at least part toddler because I still hope that my day is MY day. Ya know? I woke up and Mikey had made a special trip to town to get me a fountain pop and a cinnamon roll stick thing. Two of my faves, not healthy in the least, YEAH! In the afternoon, I took my two niece's up to the city so they could spend their hard earned babysitting money on a gift certificate for their parent's anniversary. Which just happens to be the same day and did I mention that one of these niece's birthday is also the 13th? I thought it was so cool of them, how could I not help out? To thank me for my chauffeur skills, they bought me a bag of LINDT White Chocolate Lindor Truffles. OMG!! Love these, Godiva now has to share my heart with Lindt. SO, while I am out driving my teenage family around, my friend RJ made a surprise visit to drop off a gift for me from her and Shawna. I was so sad I missed her/happy I got a gift/surprised that they thought to do something. It was a Post Secret book! As you all know, I have this little fascination with Post Secret and that is what made this gift so much more to me. I cried ya'll. Just a little bit cuz I was overwhelmed with emotion but still.
Speaking of emotion, I do not understand people who can't understand how their actions directly affect other people's emotions. Or, actually, how one can deliberately hurt another human emotionally because they think it is a game. I am actually kinda ok with not understanding the whys and hows of that type of behavior because I think one would have to be broke somewhere to 'get' it.
The kids are almost back to school. I have 5 days left of them being home all day. I love my children but am soo ready for them to be learning again. I still need to get back packs, a binder, a scientific calculator, and a whole bunch of lunch supplies. It will be worth it though for daytime quiet. Which I will start to need very soon. I got an overnight job, Mike is not the least bit happy with it. I figure, I have no work history for the last 15 years, no work references, no marketable skills, I have to take what I can till I can acquire a couple of these. The hours will work out well, I will be available during the day if there is doctor appointments, early outs, sick kids, etc and I won't leave till everyone is in bed for the night anyway. SO I am on my way to being a productive member of society.
I had my foster license renewal visit today. The lady seemed surprised that I hadn't had a placement since August. I told her well, I won't take teenage boys so no, no placement. I don't' think a teenage boy would be a good idea with a 15 year old daughter. She agreed with me.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

wow when you update, you really update!! how sweet was that of mikey to do that for you too and congrats on your new job too. welcome to the working world, believe me it stinks!! but glad you had a good birthday and always love reading you posts, you are just so open and honest in your feelings and are not ashamed to admit that!! Good for you!

Wendy said...

How very sweet of Rj and shawna! I understand the whole how does it work with people playing games. We have had many talks about her and I know we will never understand. Ufortunately for me it means I don't want any type of relationship with her anymore. Sad. To have people cut you off like that, but she needs to understand she needs to grow up, the world doesn't owe her anything, and move on with her life. Keep me posted on the employment thing.
loves
whimp

RJ Redden said...

Are there people who are not being nice to you? Does someone need a good talking to? Let me know. My services are available.

Cindy said...

Happy birthday, Brandy Jo, I haven't had internet access for days, it will be 7 more before I get it back. Sounds like you had a good one.

HAHA to RH, good to know she has your back!

A JOB? OUCH, I like that you are home raising my nieces and nephews, but to all things there is a season. Since they are all in school, I imagine you are bored now. But still!