Friday, March 21, 2008

Teeth

So, here is what is new in my world. Last weekend we all went to a poker party at Chelle's house. I was doing great (for me) 5 hours later on my initial buy in. Then my tooth started killing me. I mean like bring tears to your eyes, feel like you would rather be shot pain. I had had a couple of drinks, for which I am thankful because I can't imagine how much more painful it woulda been without their numbing help. So I basically gave my chips away and we came home. Overnight the side of my face swelled up and I was quite miserable. By the afternoon, I called Chelle and asked her to take me to a doctor (seeing as it was Sunday and no dentist was open) to get something for the pain. The doc said the infection was in my gum and expanding into my cheek (since I couldn't open my jaw more then an inch, I wasn't surprised) so she gave me penicillin and vicodin which I took the moment I could. By Monday morning, the swelling was starting to go down but I had a headache from hell and felt like I could have been doing the technicolor spray at anytime. And I was falling asleep every time I closed my eyes. It was no fun at all. I am finally feeling normal (for me) again and I have a dentist appointment for Tuesday. Let me tell you about that little adventure. It took me 3 hours to find a dentist in my area (ha ha the office is 680 and pacific, about an hour away) who took my insurance, and when I finally got up the courage to call, the first thing they said after they told me a time was they needed 20% of what ever the cost is that day. Good info to have and I suppose it was to be helpful letting me know but it reminded me of the last dentist that I went to that was more worried about the $ then taking care of his patients. Arrghhh I hate the whole thing!!

On a brighter note, I got report cards this week. 411 is doing well, Bubba is on the B honor roll, Chick is on the A honor roll and Blondie on the B honor roll. That last one I have mixed feelings about. In November she had all F's except one, then they did her IEP (individual learning plan) and now she is on the honor roll. I am all for them adjusting her schoolwork to a level that is more achievable to her skill level but I think they went too far. On the other hand, it is giving her an ego boost to know that she can achieve good grades. But is it challenging her to learn enough? I don't know, I pretty much leave that up to the school personnel, they know more about it then I do.

Mike has been flying to Indianapolis and driving semi's back all week. Not really being here most of the week, makes me feel like a single parent. I don't know how the women who are married to truck drivers do it all the time. He's here, he's not here. The military was kinda like that but it is weird, when you know that the person is going overseas or even just to the field for training, you get a mindset, ok, I know they will be gone and you adjust. I have gotten to be spoiled, I expect him to be here. Although, there are still times that I wonder, man, can't he go on some training for awhile? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've spent over a thousand dollars in the past month, getting old tooth problems fixed. One tooth has hurt me since I was five years old, and every dentist that I've ever been to has attempted to fix it with a little drilling and filling. I finally got the whole tooth whacked down to the gum line and topped with a cap. And then there's the tooth fix that I had done in 7th grade, when Kyle pushed me down on the ice and I broke my front teeth. That repair has to be re-done every ten years or so, because it crumbles.

Cindy said...

Trying to patiently wait for the next update. You'll have to remove your link to the recipe blog, she has now moved to a new website. COME ON! I WANNA HEAR MORE!