Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I am sooo depressed!

Blondie has a link on her myspace to find your celebrity lookalikes, so I thought, hey I have a couple of minutes, lets check it out. So I go and upload a rare picture of me and you know what? it returned 5 celebrity matches (four of whom I had never heard of) and only one of them was a woman. Yep, my ego boost for today was that I look like Larry Bird 50%. Needless to say I didn't keep the results :)
Blondie is doing ok, it's looking more and more like a long term thing. I'll know more next month, I hate HATE the wait and see that we do so much.
Chick is trying to be nice. She is working on it, it is hard for her. Mike, Chick, Blondie and I had a this-is-how-the-cow-eats-the-cabbage meeting. We told them they don't have to love each other, they don't have to even like each other but they do have to get along. I am so tired of the 'she hurt my feelings' drama, I have enough to deal with.
Bubba went to his spelling bee last week. He got third place out of 12, I was very proud of him. His word that threw him out was atmospheric, I don't know that there are many 4th graders that wouldn't have been thrown off.
411 is stretching her boundaries, testing me daily. I love my child has become my constant mantra.
Mr is getting ready for Kindergarten round up. Already. Yikes, this is as bad as when Chick went. Mikey asked today if we could adopt a baby in a couple of years. I asked him to share the hallucinogens that he's taking. Now don't get me wrong, if the circumstances presented themselves, I would agree but I am not going to go looking for them. I am kinda looking forward to having all my kids gone all day.
Speaking of Mikey, he is getting antsy for summer. Camping really, doesn't care what season as long as he can go to the river.
We went and got our taxes figured, still have to pay Iowa. Damn, they are some greedy bastards. I am going to get my washer and dryer set when we get them back. I am so looking forward to that. I am getting the front loaders that can wash 18 pairs of jeans at a time. With 7 people in the house, it will be very helpful to have appliances that can handle what we produce. I am excited. I looked at couches the other day, Mikey hates the set that we have. We got it 8 years ago and it is starting to show. So I am on the hunt for a double recliner loveseat with a matching sleeper sofa. Yeah wish me luck on that.
I talked to my sister the other day, apparently her son is graduating college in May, she asked me to go with her. So my mom, my sister and I are going on a road trip to the evil state (Kansas) to see Lewis graduate. I don't care for him, I think he is an arrogant prick, most anyone who meets him agrees. My sister however, this is her only son. He is next to peanut butter in coolness. I am going to spend time with her and my mom. His new wife is interesting, I wonder if she will bring out the sex toy catalog again, that was a different ice breaker when I met her the first time.
My niece Hadleigh is back in the hospital. She got to come home for the first time since she was born in October last week and Stacy had to take her back to Children's Hospital because she had a fever and diarrhea. With all the surgeries this poor thing has had to go through, they are keeping a very close eye on everything. Her second stage surgery for her heart should be coming up soon. I feel for Stacy and Curtis. No matter what other junk has gone on, no one should have to deal with not knowing if your child is going to make it.
I watched Extreme Home Makeover this week, I knew it was going to be hard on my tear ducts when I was tearing up to the "tonight on..." segment before the show even started. And Toby Keith was on it, the family got to meet him personally. I just loved the house too. I was truly jealous this time.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

How many kids do you have to take with you on this trip? :)
Love ya
Deanne