Monday, March 31, 2008

another week closer to Christmas

Ha ha I know that got some people groaning and some shivering in horror. Let's see, pretty quiet since my last post. Friday we went and played Canasta at a friends house. Mikey hates playing cards but he played with us and I really enjoyed it. Saturday we went to the world of wheels car show at the Qwest center in Omaha. That was kinda cool, Mr and 411 got their pictures taken with Lightening McQueen. Bubba got his taken with Bumblebee from Transformers. Then we found Jason Earles from Hanna Montana. For those of you that don't have a preteen daughter, thank your stars. Chick, 411 and I stood in line for an hour to get his signature. He was really sweet, took the time to ask each little girl a question and posed for all the pictures they wanted. I have a couple on my phone and as soon as I can get my computer to co-operate, I will load them. Anyway, after that we watched I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY (Adam Sandler)and DAN IN REAL LIFE (Steve Carrel). I liked the first one, the second one was kinda boring. Sunday I got up and rearranged the kids beds: Blondie got Mr's old bed, 411 got Blondie's old bed, Mr and Bubba got Chick's old bunk Bed's and Chick got her full size bed back. Of course, I needed to shovel out the rooms first before any rearranging could be done. My mom gave me a dresser for Blondie since the one we had for her was thin and wasn't holding all her stuff. The one she gave me is old and sturdy, you gotta love the way they used to make furniture. So after I got that done, we went up and got a dishwasher. Thank you GOD!! So today I get to work on my quilt, I can't wait till the recipient gets it.

Did I forget to tell you guys about my dental adventure? So, when Mikey started working at the new job, he got these insurance cards. One was blue cross blue shield and one was avesis which said it was vision and dental. ( I thought what a weird combo but what do I know?) When I was having such pain, I went on the hunt for a dentist that would take the insurance that had at least a whisper of working with cowards. I have been over my fear before, you know what I am talking about. So anyway, after 3 hours of comparing names and numbers with the "list (ha ha what a joke)" of providers, I found one in the 'Gentle Dental' office on the other side of Omaha. OK, made Mikey get off work to go with me. We drive all the way up there, it is in a strip mall (red flag #1) with rust stains from the letters running down the building (red flag #2). We go in the door, the receptionist is 2 feet in the door(lack of space, red flag #3), I look to the right and I can see a chair not even 20 feet from me (red flag #4, no walls). The deal breaker was when the lady behind the dirty counter says "you know we don't take your insurance, right?" NO, dumbass, do you think I would be standing in what Mikey described as worse then a redneck vet clinic if I thought you wouldn't take my insurance? I turned around and walked out. I was in tears, I felt so bad for wasting Mike's time but he was great about it. He called the guy at his work that takes care of the insurance and Andy tells him, that isn't the dental insurance we have anyway. We have this other company, didn't you get the cards? once again NO! So after a lot of calls and comparisons, I found out that I can go to Chelle's dentist who she has witnessed as being kind and very gentle. Bonus, she will go with me and not harass me for being a pansy. So now all I am waiting for is my insurance cards from this other company (they are supposed to be on the way) and I will be going in. I'll keep ya'll updated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After your post I was inspired to wear my "Merry Fuckin X Mas"
t shirt. Boy did I get some dirty looks!