Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And then....

SO I went back to the dentist so he could look at my holes today. Keep in mind he is about an hour and fifteen minutes away. I was in the office for less then 5 minutes. He looked in and said, yep the blood clot got infected, put some of the NASTIEST tasting stuff ever made in the hole and sent me away till next week. Let me emphasize, it is the most putrid, foul tasting stuff. The drainage from the infection tasted better. And it has to sit in there and wear itself away. I will admit that it did what he said it would, there is now no more pain at all in that area but DAMN!
Did I tell you about Mikey going four wheeling in the minivan? We wanted to check out the river since it had gone down since the last time he looked. So we drive down the road, peek over the dike. The road is dry (it was 6 inches under water) so we go a little further. It was a little muddy, mostly gravel so we went further. I could see where the road had been washed out on the sides so I started getting really nervous. Mike says, it's fine, there is a solid base, we are good. Yep we were so good we ended up getting stuck. He got out and was in the mud to his knees in some spots. Thank god there was a good Samaritan there to drag us back. It is going to have to be dry for over a week before I want to go look again.
After that little adventure, we had an impromptu BBQ. I love those, you never know who will show up. This family always makes sure there is enough for twice as many people so that is never an issue. Good food and good visits, a great way to spend Fathers day.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

yep. love those bbqs...too bad i never get invited anymore.. ;)
whimp

Unknown said...

I haven't seen actual mud in several years!!!!
Our soil is mostly sand, and it's something I completely appreciate.

Cindy said...

Just the joys of living in a small town, isn't it? Drive all that way for nothing! Hopefully you got to experience a little retail therapy.