Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer bits

Let's see, what is new in my world. Well, yesterday I went and had 5 teeth pulled. I am a little sore and a lot tired but mostly just self conscious about the holes in my head. 411 is off at the local library, it is her new favoritest place in the world. I am hoping that Mr takes Bubba and 411's lead when it comes to reading. Chick is bummed cuz one of her fishes died. We killed ALOT of tadpoles at Chelle's frog pond, aka her pool. It was too cold to get in the mood to open it so we got a late start. (I say we cuz I volunteered to help just so I could swim too) By then, the frogs had discovered it. Mike, Chelle, Kelly, Megan, Kenzie, Chick and I were trying to net out all the debris. Kelly said she took the title because she got the most big leaves. I present that I took the title of master pool cleaner upper the next day when Mike and I stopped by to see how the chemicals had worked. There was a frog Mikey found in the skimmer box that was every bit as big as his fist. Startled the be jee sis outta me when he decided to leap for freedom. We got him down to the creek eventually but now I am wondering where it's mate is.
We stopped by the river to check on it because we had heard there was people staying at the campground. I wondered how accurate that was since we have had severe storms, tornadoes, and flooding around here. Yea, the water was up over the road into the campground. Again. Mike is very bummed. We have had one nice day surrounded by 4 wet days repeatedly. I don't want to ever hear another farmer complain we need more rain this year.
Mike heard from Snatch the other day. Mike gets really worried if he doesn't get at least an email once every three works or so. His sister Dianne has the funniest sense of humor, she sent him a note that said it was from the mother of the illegitimate child he refuses to acknowledge. If you know Snatch at all, you can really appreciate the humor of it. He got a giggle, and that was the whole point. He still says he doesn't need anything but you can hear the down in his voice. I'm gonna come up with something.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

With all the hoop lala that went on over our last weekend, I didn't get things to you for the boxes. Let me know what I can do for Snatch. I am no good at ideas. If you get some, I am happy to help.