Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bug bites suck

So, as you may have gathered from my last post, we went camping this memorial day weekend. I enjoyed myself quite a bit aside from a few tiny things that I am choosing not to dwell on. One of the things I have to acknowledge though, is the bug bites. I didn't think to set off a bug bomb in my camper before we stayed in it for the first time this year. I guarantee I will not forget next year. I woke up Saturday with a huge red spider bite. I woke up Sunday with two more on my side. Monday I had another one on my side up on my ribs. I freakin HATE bugs. The thought that a flippin' spider was crawling around, looking for a snack int he middle of the night gives me the heebie jeebies. I try to live a 'you do your thing, I'll do mine' existence with nature but when they are biting me, it is on!!
I have to be at the airport at four am on Thursday. With Chick and Megs. I am really looking forward to going to Washington D.C., I have always wanted to go. Ever since my sister went for the NOW chapter of ISU and brought me back a tee shirt. We are going to go/see Union Station, Capitol visitors center, the Supreme court, Library of Congress, the Newseum, FDR memorial (the kids get to sign a book that will be put into the library of congress for posterity), Vietnam Veteran's memorial, Korean memorial, White house visitors center, Fords theater, air and space museum, natural history museum, Reagan trade center, national Cathedral guided tour, the holocaust museum, Lincoln memorial, Kennedy memorial, Jefferson memorial, mt Vernon, drive through Alexandria, Roy rogers, Iwo Jima marine memorial, Arlington (i am so happy to go here and pay respects), museum of American history, national archives, world war II memorial, Washington monument, Gettysburg battlefield and visitors center. we will be going non stop from the time we land until we get back to the airport Sunday. The teens are so excited about the hotel having an indoor pool, I just wonder when we will have time to utilize it. Mikey isn't excited about this at all but I will bet money that when he goes with Bubba in a few years, he will be just as excited.
So now all I have to do is pack, make sure Chick is packed, get the laundry caught up from the weekend, do my regular menu planning, and shop for it. I have two days, plenty of time!!

No comments: