Wednesday, May 27, 2009

There are rumors about on of my favoritest movies having another made. BUFFY: The Vampire Slayer . It is so funny, just tickles me and makes me giggle when I watch it. You have to smile when your biggest weapon against a legion of vampires trying to kill you is your keen fashion sense. Anyway, I was so excited about them making another movie. Until I read this....


The new "Buffy" film, however, would have no connection to the TV series, nor would it use popular supporting characters like Angel, Willow, Xander or Spike. Kuzui and Vertigo are looking to restart the story line without trampling on the beloved existing universe created by Whedon.
One of the underlying ideas of "Buffy" allows the filmmakers to do just that: that each generation has its own vampire slayer to protect it. The goal would be to make a darker, event-sized movie that would, of course, have franchise potential.


I like the new generation of slayer concept, not messing with characters that are out there. BUT I don't like the idea of making it 'darker' or more serious. One of the greatest things about that movie is that it's fun.

There have been a lot of remakes of older stuff. I went to see the new Star Trek at the IMAX when my sister was in town last week. I was never a 'trekkie' but she was. She LOVED the show growing up and has seen every movie ever made, every spin off tv show. We both loved it. I liked the little shout outs to the original - 'dammit, Jim, I am just a doctor' and the way the story makes sense and opens the door for more. Terrie had a much more in depth analysis of details and such but she liked it too. That to me says the writers, actors and directors did a good job when you can impress old fans and make new ones.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I just finished the whole twilight series on CD, took me weeks to listen to them. I donated them to the local library. I didn't think I would like them, Wendy told me to get them. I am now so hooked. Can't wait for the next movie to come out. Since I slept thru the one at the condo I rented it from REDBOX. I love it, and so did Steve.