Wednesday, June 24, 2009

time is flying

Mostly because I am having fun. The trip to Arizona went very well, there are rumors of it being an annual occurrence. I haven't mentioned that to Mikey, I'll work up to it :) We were supposed to make our trek to welcome home Snatch Friday but they changed his flight date til next week. We are still going, Mikey told his boss that he was going to need so many days in between such and such date because we know how the military loves to change it's mind. I am getting super excited to go, days with no kids and just my hubby, it will be good for us to get away. We return just in time to have a fourth of July celebration. The next week Snatch will be up here so of course we will have a get together. The week after that our nephew and his long term girlfriend will be tying the knot. Our lot is definitely getting full use made of it this year. There is something going on all the time this summer.
We are meeting Chick's Grandma on the way so she can go for her summer visit. She wants to go visit her cousin in Arizona (which ironically, I was an hour away from) in July. I am not sure if she will get to go, apparently there is some logistics problems. I made her coordinate everyone this year to try to push responsibility. It sorta worked. She didn't start making the calls till she found out all the kids were going to my mothers while Mike and I are gone. Not that she doesn't love mom, it has more to do with being in close proximity to her siblings. She is used to being spoiled all summer (cuz that is the only time that side of the family sees her) and that is so much more fun then having to share.
Mr gets to go to summer school. He is not liking it at all. He didn't care for regular school so I probably could of guessed this reaction. He has 2 more days after today. If he would quit being so stubborn..... yeah, then he wouldn't be him.
The community is holding a benefit for Josh Hill this weekend, we will be unable to attend but I am sending our donations in tomorrow. I think it is really great how people are rallying to help one of their own.
Hadleigh is still in the hospital, she is feisty and that is a good sign. They had her sheduled to place a pacemaker but she got a staph infection. The baby girl is due for a break soon.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am that you went to Phoenix, my favorite place in all the world! I have been there 5 or 6 times now. One year it was July at 118 degrees, the temperature plunge all the way down to 113 at 4am, but was right back up to 118 at 4:30 am...........I couldn't sleep, had the radio on and was appalled at the temps.

My BFF's live in Phoenix, we run around and eat at all the fun places, shop in Scottsdale at the art shops, go to Cave Creek to the art shops, and eat at Cartwright's. So much fun.......DING Fares thru SW airlines are only $99 one way right now to AZ.......

Unknown said...

Hey let me know if your little one goes to Kingman I'd love to take a drive up and meet her! I'll be in our fair neighboring city on July 11th for a "Roast." Maybe if she's there I can pop in and say hello.