Monday, June 1, 2009

A couple of things

My trip to DC went well, I enjoyed it alot. There was a few of the teen boys that made it less enjoyable but out of the 49 that went, they were only 6. I will post lots of pictures later, I promise. It might be a few days because I am dealing with a lot of heartache right now. As soon as I got off the plane last night my husband informed me that my grandmother had passed away while I was gone and my mother made him promise not to tell me til I returned. So I have to go to the funeral Wednesday. Then I found out that one of my oldest nephews is getting married, Saturday, and oh, by the way, his fiance had another baby a couple months ago. It kind of made me sad to find out in passing, by a third party, that I am out of the loop. Maybe it's just the timing; I am feeling melancholy. Just letting ya'll know what is new in my world.

And, by the way, Hadleigh will be having her heart cath surgery on Wednesday. Please keep good ju ju streaming her way.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Who is getting married on Saturday? Your side or ours? I guess I am out of the loop too.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Brandy. That is too sad.

I am so excited that you got to go to DC. Sounds like a whirlwind of activity the whole time you were gone. I went with Karen's class to Chicago, those kids were all a riot and so much fun!

One even came into the chaperone's hotel room and mooned us........

Wendy said...

i will keep you in my prayers..sorry to hear you were left out..and you're the one who probably treats them the best too!
I will be thinking of you and your mom

Unknown said...

I think I would've been in tears the whole time in D.C.
What a memorable trip!!!!

Being out of the loop with your cousin is okay, because they likely left a LOT of people out of the loop on that one. Don't worry.

Sorry about your grandma. I only have one memory of her. I'll tell ya about it when you get here.