Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Great Tree adventure '09

We decided this year we would go cut down our own Christmas tree thanks to a leaky basement ruining the fake one (lil blessing in disguise!) So we loaded up our family and Chelles and went to the tree farm. Didn't put two and two together that a foot of snow 4 days earlier would probably still be on the ground....

















Mr gave up and wanted Mike to carry him. I am surprised this picture turned out ok, I was laughing so hard. Poor little guy was up to his chest in some spots.
















So we found one that we liked and gathered everyone up to take a picture....



Then we changed our minds and Mr refused to do anything but be carried.


The pre-cut trees at the house were so much easier to get to and transport!!




There was this really cool old church I HAD to get pictures of. It always makes me a little sad when I see old buildings just rotting away like this but it made an awesome backdrop!

Coming soon: pictures of the Christmas program '09!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I've seen that old church more than once when we go on our Sunday drive. It's a cool old building! Steve has taken photos of it before, he wants to carve it.

supermom said...

oh my gosh, you guys are HILARIOUS! That is one outing, that you will never ever forget. you will be laughing about it forever! you know, you and mike should buy that old church and make your house there. how cool would that be! oh my, i see the cutest house ever there! hmmm, if I win the lottery, i may just have to do that! :O)