Saturday, December 26, 2009

What an end to the year

I am sitting here listening to the police scanner go off telling the local rescue squad where to go and that they will have a snow plow headed that direction to help them get where they are going. Looking out my window, there is maybe 3-4 inches on the ground in my driveway. I am told this is because we live out in the open, the wind has blown most of our accumulation away from us, in town there is 18 inches. In the last 2 days we have gotten that much, preceded by freezing rain and sleet. In short, a mess. We stayed home (not that we could go anywhere anyway) for Christmas, just our little clan. I made my very first prime rib roast, twice baked potatoes, asparagus and cracked out cheesecake. We sat as a family and ate. It is so easy to forget to do simple things like that. The kids spent all day playing with their new stuff and Mike & I were totally lazy. It is killing him today though, he has gone to town twice, burned the trash, and is trying to find a shovel to scoop out the driveway. Chick and 411 have gone through their clothes, getting rid of all the too small and just don't likes. And I am going to go make chicken and dumplings.... Something with a certain stick-to-your-ribs quality!a> In the meantime, here are a few pictures of recent festivities.













2 comments:

Wendy said...

DUDE! Riles got a nerf gun too..she loves it, maybe we should stage a war...lol.. looks like you had a great christmas!

tefyh ruuivinha said...

familia és bella