Saturday, December 5, 2009

A tale of my days....

So I spent all day yesterday wrapping packages for under the various Christmas trees at work. I thought I was kickin' butt doing it too. Till I realized that it had taken me ALL day to do it. To be fair to me, I was interrupted to go do other things a time or two. The district manager was there and she told me I was crazy because I like to wrap gifts. I will admit 10 hours of it was a bit much. :)
Bubba's procedures went fine, he was in a hurry to get it done so he could eat. Poor little guy had to stop eating Monday night and didn't get it done till Wednesday @ noon. That seemed like forever. I think he has finally stopped hoovering everything in sight.
Chick got four of her teeth pulled. She wanted me to stop and get her all this food that she couldn't eat. She doesn't get to go to the city as much as everyone else and she was sooo disappointed. I couldn't see doing it when she couldn't eat it though, fast food is NASTY reheated.
411 got her Girl Scout nut money turned in finally. I was really lazy about taking her to sell them and she still sold over $200 worth of stuff. She is a natural seller. Or everyone knows how good the stuff is.
Mr goes into a reading class to help him catch up speed wise with his classmates. He is starting to really enjoy it, he finally caught on that if he learns to read, he doesn't have to ask 'what does that say?' . I can always tell when he hasn't done his "homework" for her though, he doesn't want to go to reading that day. I have to make time every night to listen to him read his two books. It gets to be frustrating when I don't get home till 8:30 or 9 but I am the mom :)
Today I have to go to work, we are bringing Santa back to the Brandeis. Apparently, that used to be a huge deal back in the day. I was amazed when we were out handing out flyers for it how many older people remembered going to the Brandeis to see Santa and were totally jazzed to bring their grand babies. I am really thankful that I don't have to wear the elf suit.

2 comments:

RJ Redden said...

But you would be so cute in the elf suit...

Brandy said...

I would have ROCKED it! I did do a preety amazing impression of a leasing agent though :)