Monday, February 25, 2008

Fiddle Faddle

You know there are all kinds of people in the world, I know that. I think that is one of the coolest things about this world. There are kooky, serious, funny, humorless, witty, amazing, boring, whatever adjective you can come up with , there is someone in this world that describes them to a tee. A very cool thing that is. Except stupid. I can NOT stand stupid people. Stupid should hurt. There is a person that is making me quite agitated, she can not get it through her head when the Department of Human Services says that you have to do A B and C, they aren't going to be ok with b, not B just b. It is one of those that makes me sit back and think to myself, if stupid hurt, how much pain would she be in on the little picture chart with smiley faces that they have at the doctors office.
I am having a hard time with Chick too so that isn't helping matters. Mike and I offered both teens the opportunity to earn some extra money, since they don't get an allowance. Blondie jumped on it, didn't even bat an eye. She held up her end of the deal and then some. Mike and I went to dinner with Chelle and Jason on Friday and left the teens in charge. (I know! Adult time, can you imagine?) While we were gone Blondie took it upon herself to do some extra chores that were Chicks. That is where the drama comes in. Instead of just saying thank you and being grateful, Chick says Thanks but I was gonna do it, you didn't have to, I would have done it. Battle ensues and by the time I got home, Blondie was in bed and Chick was furious because "she's trying to show me up". I told her to get over herself, if she was so worried about it, she should have done the chore to begin with and I certainly wasn't going to complain that it got done. I have told both of them it is a very real possibility that Blondie could be staying with us till she is 18 (that is where the stupid comes in) and that they need to figure out a way to get along. Which they do when I am around. Of course, away from me is a totally different story with both sides hurling accusations at each other. I told both of them they need to figure it out, it isn't my job to get in the middle. So now, Chick is giving me attitude for 'not taking her side'. I think they are both being childish and I am frustrated with both of them.
I watched a couple of movies this weekend. KINKY BOOTS was interesting, a lot better then some of the others I have seen lately. But it is based in England and uses British terminology that can make it kinda hard to follow. EVENING was a long drawn out disappointment. FIERCE PEOPLE was so not was I was expecting. It was good but there was a rape scene I wasn't expecting. NO RESERVATIONS was kinda slow and not really the funny movie they advertised it to be. GAME PLAN was ok, seemed forced, like The Rock needed money quick so he did this film. BENARD AND DORIS was weird. Worth watching I guess. Mike, the boys, Blondie and I watched the Knight Rider movie on NBC the other day. I thought it was a pilot for a new show so I was all revved up for it. As a pilot, it rocked. But that is not what they supposedly made it for, there is no series to follow for this, it is just a movie they made. Kinda disappointing for that. It was fun to watch it with the boys, Bubba was all about the super cool ranger guy and Mr was all into the cars.
My niece Stacy got to bring her baby, Hadleigh, home after 4 1/2 months and 4 surgeries. She is really limited for the next couple of months till she has the next surgery as to where she can take the baby. It is a big year, as of Valentines day, Stacy and Curtis are engaged.
I have another niece, Paegon, who I just found out is pregnant and due in October. I keep a mental image of her in my mind as 5 and beating up the neighbor boy 'cuz I can'. Quite different from the 21 year old woman she is now.
I have come up with a new quilt pattern, I am really excited by it. I just have to get it together and will get pix posted asap. Speaking of pix, here are a couple I had on my camera. The first is 411 showing off the new outfit that G'ma got her.













And here are the boys, in a rare moment of peace among them.

No comments: