Friday, August 22, 2008

I am procastinating

sorta. I have gotten four rows of the quilt sewn together. Each of these rows takes about 45-60 minutes to assemble. There will be twenty-three of them total. So I am taking a break and kind of taking my time to go back to it. I always drag till I get to the half way point and then it is like a switch and I burn through it.
We went to the kids' open house last night for school. Mr had to show us EVERYTHING, including the music room, gym and cafeteria. He doesn't seem to grasp that all three of his siblings have gone to this school for years, and even he has gone to it for 2 years, we've pretty much seen everything the school has to offer. He is so excited to be a kindergartner, it is a hoot. He gets to see Riles every day now and on Wednesdays, she comes over to play.
Chick is liking 9th grade, her art class is all older kids. She was kinda freaked out a little by that, new things scare her terribly. I think she is starting to get they are just kids like her.
Bubba had his first homework assignment of the year. I was really hoping to delay the battle a little longer. Hopefully he doesn't have as much as last year. I had to laugh because it took the teacher less then 2 days to realize that him and his friend needed to be separated. I think she has his number already and am excited to see where he goes this year.
411 loves her new class. She has made a couple of new friends that I am struggling with liking. There is one that is just a bad influence and we told 411 that she isn't allowed to play with her anymore. I feel for the kid, I do, but I want my child to enjoy her last coupla years of just being a kid. And not have peer pressure of seriously bad choices (stealing, lying, playing with fire, running all over town getting into mischief at 11 oclock at night, supposedly smoking). This is a kid I can totally see getting a placement call over. At least then she would have to follow my rules.
Supposedly Snatch will be coming back for mid-tour soon. He will be coming to visit for a few days, so the party will be on. It is really hard to pin down an exact time frame though because it is the government, he probably won't know for sure till he is on the plane. You guys know, hurry up and wait.
Mikey has officially been a shop manager for a year now. It sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.

No comments: