Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8 days and counting!

I can finally show ya'll what I was working on. I made this pattern to bring the initials out. I don't think I like the little squares, I should have opted for the larger ones but I turned out ok. Emilee loved it and that was what I was looking for. It was funny because I heard her tell someone that they couldn't steal it because it had her family's initials on it. What a charactor.












And here is the start to the next one, the quilt for grandma. I wish I could have gotten to it while she was still in the hospital. I am sure she will love it when I finally get it together. Hopefully sometime before Christmas. Just kidding, it shouldn't take too long, I just have to get some more batting and then sew like the wind. My sissors and rotary cutter both broke within days of each other, that slowed things down considerably. I have replaced both and am ready to roll. Soon. I promise.















I thought I had the kids all ready for school, I keep finding more. Arrgh I will be glad to see them go. I think I will probably spend the first day just listening to the silence. LOL
Bubba is going to have a hard time adjusting, he has taken to staying up all night (till like 6 am) and then sleeping till noon. Yeah, not happening anymore. I am meaner mom today. I made him get up at 9 and stay up all day. I don't think he will be up much later then 8 tonight.

3 comments:

Deanne said...

I have an entire roll of batting at home and you are welcome to any or all of it. It is thinsulate and I used it on all of the quilts that I made a couple of years ago.
Love ya.
D

Cindy said...

I can't wait to see the quilt for mom, is that a wedding ring concept in the one for Jake? Pretty cool. You are pretty creative, I still think the best one is my Noah's ark, but I am pretty biased.

Kathy said...

I know that Emilee loved the quilt and she couldn't wait to open the bag when she saw it was from you. You did a great job on it!!