Monday, April 20, 2009

I am not good at the whole food picture taking thing but I thought this turned out so pretty I had to. yeah, not so much on here, but in person, it coulda won a pageant! It is called a Lazy Day Cake, a recipe I found in my favoritest magazine, Simple and Delicious. It is different, not bad, not great but good.

















And here is a sneak peek at the next quilt...


















411 on the night of the Talent show. She sang Traveling Soldier and did a great job. Even if they did turn off the lights on her 3/4 of the way through it.





And I tried another new recipe last night, Onion Pork Tenderloin. OMG, it was yumm-o!! Everyone liked it, Mike was giving me grief because I commented on how much I liked it a couple of times. I didn't even care. I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately cuz I am bored making the same ole stuff. Most of them haven't gone over well, but a few have.
So, my friends, I am sharing my new favoritest recipe:
Onion Pork Tenderloins
2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
2 TBSN olive oil
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth (I used broth)
1 TBSN cornstarch
3/4 cup water
In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown tenderloins in oil on all sides. Sprinkle soup mix over the meat, add wine or broth to the skillet. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, adding water to skillet if needed. Remove tenderloins and keep warm.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced tenderloins.
and in the spirit of sharing ( I did double the recipe since I have a large family),
Lazy Day Cake
cake batter:
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsn Vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsn baking powder
1/4 tsn salt
3/4 cup milk
Topping:
1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
5 TBSN whipping cream
1 1/2 tsn vanilla
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spread over warm cake. Broil 3-5 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.

3 comments:

supermom said...

looks really good. food is super hard to photograph, takes a professional to make it look great.

i am always trying something new to make. it is not very often i find a keeper though!

your new quilt looks like it is going to be a beauty! :O)

Unknown said...

Been thinking about doing a pork tenderloin shish kabob. Saw it in this month's Prevention magazine.

Cindy said...

Take photos of your food, it looks so good, and it gives people an idea how theirs should look! I would rather see pictures of the recipe, but that is just me!!