Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday night in the big town

I was going through my old posts, looking at comments because sometimes comments are left and I don't notice it. Like there was one from Shawna about a quilt/afghan for her fundraiser she was doing for Cancer. Of course I would do one but since it was left last March, I am thinking it might be a little late. I am having a time with quilting lately. I have all these projects I am dying to start but nope, not doing it. On top of those I am going to make two for Chelle and Jason's party again this year, I have two to make for Kathy, two to make for Emilee and one for Stacy. It is nice to know that at least my family likes them enough to keep them in demand, I just have to get busy.

Speaking of family, my niece (brother's son's girlfriend) had their third child this year, Kyler Duane. Now they have 3 under the age of 3. Not my idea of fun, but then later they will be like Chelle's and all self sufficent at the same time. I like the name Kyler, it goes good with Caleb and Kenzie.
I have a problem I would like some feedback on. Mike and I got another phone on our cell plan. We gave this phone to Blondie to use since her mother has stated that she will not get her another phone (she has gotten the prepaids for her in the past, gave her her sisters cast offs). It was more reasonable for us to just add the line then to buy the prepaids. Didn't really think anyone would have any trouble with that. Her mom comes today and says that her sister is mad that she got a regular phone and not a prepaid so blondie has to leave the phone here. I am ok with her leaving it here, nothing will happen to it then BUT I think it just shows who is running the house. Shouldn't the mom tell the older one she has to deal? Or is she right in making blondie leave it to save grief? what do you all think?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

There is reason this woman doens't have her children. The kids run the house. Hello, tell her that she doesn't run the house. But then, if she is like one of my siblings, she might damage the phone just so Blondie couldn't have it, so you are between a rock and a hard place.

Unknown said...

Exactly... Who's the parent? We're raising a generation full of kids who boss their parents around and get no consequences.
Keep the phone at your house, use it for whomever needs the phone, and let Blondie's mom be miserable.