Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I need a long island iced tea

I don't know what the deal is but it seems like when it rains it pours. We went and got our cell phones, right? There is this rebate that you have to mail in (I hate that, I know they do it that way hoping people won't actually do it but it still just irritates me) for which you need the receipt. I have Mcdonalds reciepts from a month ago, do you think I can find the one for the cell phone? Hell no.
Blondi is complaining of a stomach ache/chest ache/don't feel good. She has been for weeks now, I took her to the doctor, there was nothing wrong. She gave her a med for indigestion from stress because that was about the only thing that made any sense. Now the trial week is up and she is complaining she doesn't feel good, the meds didn't help, etc. I just wanna tell her to knock it off, there is nothing wrong with her, nobody is going to pay any more attention to you (which is what I think this all is). Then I feel guilty because the last time I didn't take her at her word, she had pnuemonia with bronchitis. And I totally get why she wants a little extra but DAMN it wears thin when you get 3 or 4 kids at a time wanting your full attention.
Of course, this is the week Chick brings home a slip for a skiing trip her class is going on. They give you 4 days to send the money to school, she wants me to go with her so that would be around $100. It's not a good time for such a pricey impulse so I had to tell her no. She was a great sport about it, very understanding but it makes me feel bad that she had to miss out on a cool learning experience.
My mom called me yesterday, she calls almost everyday now. Anyway, the retirement home called, my grandmother has stopped swallowing. Apparently this is a final stage of her dementia and since she has a directive, they won't be giving her IV's (if I understood that right). I am not sure what I feel about this. I was never really close to the woman but it seems like such a horrid way to die. Of course, every doctor that has seen her in the last 15 years is shocked that she is still alive because of all her other health issues. I know my mom is going through alot and she feels basically alone since my uncles and aunt are all in other states. It is so weird, I feel sad and then I scold myself- 'you aren't all that close, you have only seen her once in the last 5 years why should you get to be upset?' see, I told you guys I was a basket case and I want a DRINK! Since this is planet reality and I don't drown my sorrows, I'll substitute chocolate :)
Is anyone else having trouble with blogger spell check? The last 3 posts, it hasn't worked. I apologize for misspellings, I tried :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Blondie is merely looking for attention, and she's also trying to see how much she can manipulate you. We had the exact same thing going on here, to the point that the teenager with absolutely no health problems was seeing a cardiologist and all sorts of doctors. I kept saying, "Get rid of her boyfriend, her anxiety will go away, and she will be miraculously cured!" And I didn't hold back when it was time to say I told you so...

Cindy said...

Wow, I wish I could send a long island iced tea thru the 'puter to ya. Actually, it is said that people that aren't fed go into a euphoric state after a certain number of days. How they know that is beyond me. I, too learned to listen to kids even when it seems weird. One time Karen complained about a tummy ache, it was worms. She told me it felt like a 'butterfly' in her tummy.

Deanne said...

You can be upset because she is still part of your family! It makes no difference if you were close or not. Part of your concern may be directed towards your Mom and you just don't realize it. If I understand what you are saying, she will basically starve to death. How could a person not have feelings about that? You wouldn't wish that on anyone! I'm sorry that you are going through this hard patch. I am here if you need to vent.
Love you.
D.

supermom said...

Well, lovely, my mother just told you that i had WORMS! oh, how lovely is that for all your family and friends to know! makes me feel oh so glamorous! i forgot what i was going to say now that i know the entire family and your friends know that i had worms in me at one point in my life. YUCK! damn CAT! that is why you don't get cats! anyways, i think i need a drink now after reading my mom's comment!