Sunday, May 25, 2008

perspective

So here I am sitting in my cooled apartment after spending the weekend relaxing at our camping spot surrounded by friends and family. I just read an email from Snatch, stuck in an earthbound hell, don't have what they need, can't get them, struggling to communicate with anyone that isn't in the military. Dealing with so much personally and working 16-20 hours a day because there isn't really a choice. Then there is my mother in law, who just found out that she has cancer. AGAIN. Granted, the bright side to that is that she beat it so bad it took 30 years to come back, but it is still terribly worrisome when someone you love has to face something so major. And there isn't a damn thing you can do to fix it.
I personally believe that when things like this happen, it puts perspective in life. They help me to realize what is truly important. I love Snatch like he is my own little pain in the ass brother and I just want him to be safe and come party like a rock star with us. I love my mother in law and hope that her spunk carries her through this latest ordeal. I am blessed to be able to sit here and write what I want about my feelings, my thoughts, my opinions . To share with all of you these without fear of sanctioned murder just for being a woman. I have four spirited, healthy, intelligent children and a husband that loves us all.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

amen sistah, amen!
whimp