Monday, July 14, 2008

And these are the days of our lives.....

Been a week, wow, time flies. We have a new friend staying with us, E.V., she is a quiet almost teen girl. I don't think she will be staying long though, by all accounts, she will be going home within a month. Bubba is bummed, he is campaigning for a boy to come stay with us. I was trying to explain, we don't get to pick, we just get to say yes or no when they call. And 95% of the calls are for girls.
Speaking of Bubba, 411 and him got country fried by the sun last week. I took them out to go swimming at Duddette's with their cousins while I went grocery shopping. Neither one of them wore sunscreen, I am amazed that they didn't get sick. Bubba was already peeling from the last time he ventured forth into daylight, but 411, I would swear she was really a redhead as badly as she burned. His was the worst where the new skin was, and that is the only place it blistered. 411 on the other hand, her face got it something terrible and her shoulders, halfway down her arms. I told Mike I feel like such a bad mom, I feel so bad for them. I try to remember that I got burned when I was a kid, it isn't the end of the world. Obviously, I am going to be so much more careful when they go out from now on.
My mom has filled out the paperwork to move into the housing down here in Tabor. I would love that, I think she is lonely being so far away and not able to visit like she wants. She is scared that I will move to another town (because of the house hunt) as soon as she moves. I told her even if I do, it will still be closer then where she is now.
Chick has been calling, a lot. She is her grandpa's favorite, he spoils her like no other. Her grandma used to till she got the attitude about 3 years ago. Now, her grandmother isn't so hep on it, really gets kinda pissy. I totally understand her view, it is irritating. BUT< I told them when she was 7, if you let her walk on you now, it is only going to get worse. They chose to continue. So, this week, her cousin is up staying with them too. He is apparently her grandmother's new fave (she alternates) and Chick feels like she is being picked on. Knowing the key players, I doubt big time she is being treated unfairly but she is a teen who sees things differently. SO I get the calls when she is in meltdown mod. I keep hoping she will grow out of this but it isn't looking good for the home team to happen anytime soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen a version of Chick's "problem" here. Suddenly the whole world is WRONG!!!