Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day

I was talking with my landlady the other day, she is quite the chatty lady. If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting her, you know what I mean. She is another woman that just amazes me. She is probably mid 50's (you just don't ask these things), has Multiple Scleroses (sp?) and is a widow for the last 15 years or so. Anyway, we were talking and she told me that she envied me. I was having a grumpy day when nothing was going right, my kids were being rotten, bills were in my face, you know those kind of days. So I kind of gave an exasperated, grunting laugh and said yah right. She teared up and told me 'no, really, you have your health, your husband, his health, four healthy, beautiful children. I envy you.' I felt humbled because she was right, I may not have as much money as I'd like, I may not be as thin as I'd like, I may not be as socially graceful as I'd like, but my family and I are together and all healthy. I have extended family that has taken me into their fold, I still have my mother to talk to when I want, I even have a couple of siblings that, if push came to shove and I needed them, they would help me out. So, on this fourth of July, my birthday wish is for the ability to not sweat the small stuff.

Speaking of small stuff, Mr came running in to tell me there are kittens under our porch. I went to investigate, there are indeed 3 black kittens and a Siamese mama under our deck. Which will make the landlord thrilled given the no pets policy. They are soo cute though.

I talked to Chick, she is loving her vacation with her grandparents. I think her G'pa finally retired because he is there all day with her. He thinks she is the greatest thing since peanut butter, and spoils her shamelessly. It is so hard on her ;) They have a great time harassing each other.

No comments: