Monday, November 3, 2008

You gotta love Mondays

Nothing catastrophic to report, glorious weather though. Kinda quiet weekend, after the sugar induced bedlam of Friday night. We took the kids out trick or treating, Dude was so excited; he got to go with Riles. They were both vampires, Wendy and I had a good giggle over that one cuz neither of us knew what the other was dressing as.
Let me just say now, I love myspace. It lets me get in touch with people I used to know without being a gold member. That just irritates me, "hey, 3 people wanna get in touch, and for just $25, you can find out who" Argh It is really neat to see the photos of their current lives and trip down memory lane a little.
I am having a hard time with Bubba, we can not make him understand the importance of his education. He understands the material, can do the work, isn't struggling academically with anything they have thrown at him. BUT, he refuses to take his time to make it neat, follow the rules as far as making complete sentences or use punctuation. He has gotten an F on three different papers now, not because he didn't have the right answers but because he refuses to use grammar. I am soo frustrated with it. Then there is Chick, when I tell her I am disappointed with her grades because I know she can do better all she hears is I want her on the honor roll. Yeah, that would be nice but I don't really care about that. I care about my kids living up to their potential. SIGH

No comments: