Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I am missing some brain cells, that is the only reason I can think of that I torture myself every year with getting up wayyyy before dawn and standing in the freezing cold. This year wasn't so bad, we started at Wal-mart where it is open 24 hours and you can at least be in out of the cold. I did manage to get most of my shopping done today. Nothing will beat the deal Chelle got, you'll have to ask her about it. I just have a few little odds and ends to gather up left. I even did half of my mom's shopping for her. We were on the road at 3:45am, finished up and got home around 4:45pm. Makes for a long day, but, on the plus side, I am almost done!
I was really saddened to hear that there were deaths over black Friday shopping around the country. There was a temporary Walmart employee that was trampled to death trying to open the doors. And there was two people SHOT to death in a Toysrus in California. My god, is saving a few $ worth a life? My sister in laws and I were just talking on the way home that this year people seemed to be more polite. Maybe that was just in our corner of the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't even tempted to go out and shop on Friday.

Wendy said...

the politeness was only in YOUR part of our little world..not so nice in CB.
whimp