Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday. Yeah.

I was gonna post some pictures from this weekends festivities but my children have absconded with my camera. Again. So I will just tell you about it. I went up on Friday night with my Sister in law, Dianne, and we stopped at Walmart to get food. Can't have a guilt free get away with out the proper assortment of high calorie products you know. I had bought a DVD player to use while we were up there and of course, the thing didn't work right. I really hate the cheapness of today's products; you can't count on something working. Just FYI, it was GPX, which apparently is an off brand but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. By the time we got up to the condo, everyone else was already there, the wine was opened and the sushi eaten. As a rule, I don't care for Sushi but after a couple glasses of wine, I almost like it. :) I had brought along apple pucker and buttershots. Did you know that if you take a shot of each and combine them, it's like a carmel apple? YUMMO! I thought so anyway. We all stayed up visiting and just relaxing and sort of watching a movie (cheap ass dvd player!) Saturday we went to Olive Garden for the meal the birthday girls got to choose (everyone else pays for their food, it started years ago as just breakfast, we have kinda expanded that). I had 'four cheese mezzaluna with shrimp'. All I can say about it is YUMMO! Then we went shopping ( I stopped by walmart and bought another dvd player, one that would work) and we went back and watched movies and visited some more. Originally I wasn't planning on staying both nights but my husband helped make my mind up. I fell asleep before most everyone. Since Chelle and I shared a room, when she came in, it woke me up and we ended up talking for another hour or so. Then we came home before noon on Sunday. The kids missed me and were very happy to see all the junk food I brought home. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing to get away. I am a stay at home mom and usually my get aways consist of grocery shopping. We all get together like this 4 times a year (that's the way the birthday's fall) and I look froward to it. The next one won't be till June.
I paid for mine and Chick's trip to Washington DC. It is a school sponsored trip that will leave May 27 and return May 30. There is like 30 different things we are going to see but I am most excited about the Vietnam wall and Arlington. It is really kinda serendipitous that we are going cuz I told Mike one thing I wanna make sure the kids see before they leave our home is the nation's capitol. I think it is important. Then I found out that the school goes every other year. This time it is Chick's and Meg's classes, next time it will be three of my niece/nephews, after that is Bubba and Kennabean. 411 will go the trip after that and the trip after THAT, dude will go. This is all assuming that we are still in the same school district and things continue the way they are. I found out that two of my cousins lost their state jobs because of the cutbacks states are making. It's kinda scary, I am really glad that lawmakers are at least trying to fix the problem before it gets too overwhelming.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What kind of DVD player WORKED? I'd like to know that brand, too.

Brandy said...

Magnovox

Unknown said...

Yep, I've got my Magnavox $30 special from Wal Mart and it almost always works.