Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I am loving today

Mr got to rid the big boy bus home yesterday after school and then again to school this morning. On Wednesdays he goes in the morning so I have till noon to party like a rock star! Yeah right, yesterday's party included scrubbing the tub with comet and cleaning my kitchen. I wonder what wonderful joys are in store for me today.

I went to the Halloween planning party the other day. For those that are not familiar, between my sister in laws (pack o bitches, POB'S)and myself there is a kid in every grade for 7 grades. (then there is a 2 year break and Mr and Riles will be in the same class) and my loving sister in law Chelle thought it would be a fabulous idea to have a Halloween spooktakular and invite everybodies whole class. All the sisters and myself agreed to help out and we had a ball doing it. It was a lot of fun thinking of the ideas and carving the pumpkins and making the treat bags. I don't have any pictures of last year but bet I will get some this year. Anyway, we ended up having 84 kids show up and that isn't including our 9. The kids were still talking about it at Christmas! So, this year we are doing it again and trying to make it even more fun. We are pretty sure that there will be at least the same number of kids, if not more, since everyone had a good time. There was so much for them to do but the biggest hit was Mesmerelda. She is a gypsy fortune teller and the kids LOVED her. You know, stuff like you will get a new boy/girl friend, your zit will clear up, you will have a pop quiz , etc. Things that are going to happen regardless and they thought she was DA BOMB! I was in the main building taking down everyone's name and numbers and could hear the kids talking about their visits- 'what did she tell you?' "this is what she told me' ' I hope she is right' ' I hope it isn't so and so that has a crush on me' It was a riot!!

So anyway, we got together to discuss what games, what kind of prizes, are we doing treat bags, all the details. We started talking about the money aspect of it (the decorations are bought but we still have to buy all the food and treats and black plastic to cover the garage) and someone suggested selling homemade noodles at the town celebration. I don't know if ya'll know what I am talking about, but here each little town has an annual celebration that involves a parade various activities. Back to the noodles, they are cheap and easy and a lot of people love them around here and don't have the know how or time to make their own. So that is a great idea and take the money from that and put it towards the party. Then someone suggested breads, banana,zucchini,applesauce,pumpkin. Then someone suggested cream puffs. I have never made cream puffs. Well ok maybe once and it was a horrible experience. I don't remember what happened exactly but I remember a doughy, liquid filling mess. So it was with great trepidation that I agreed to these. The POB's were all, oh they are so easy, it is a snap. I made an experimental batch last night, didn't do too bad if I say so myself. I messed up the filling a little but I'll get the kinks worked out. The kids don't mind poison checking for me.
They are all excited and already talking about what they want to be, who they are going to invite, which games they are looking forward to. I am looking forward to being entertained by the kid's excitement!

No comments: