Monday, September 24, 2007

So today...

Nothing terribly exciting, same old same old. I helped my landlady clean an apartment this morning (that is what I needed the paint chips for), got Mr off to the bus, took care of Miss Smiley, got a call saying Bubba has detention on Thursday, AGAIN, got another call saying Chick was tossing her cookies at school. Yeah, real excitement. I ran into the teacher that is doing Bubba's testing for the Excel program. She told me that he blew her away. She asked him to name 2 of the US's enemies in WWII.( She said to me most kids in the 4th grade can't get Germany,Japan or Italy.) Bubba piped up with Hitler and Mussolini. That is my boy. Then she asked him how a private and a corporal were alike. I was like sure, anything military and he is a walking encyclopedia. This is the kid that was checking out WWII books in the first grade. I am kind of anxious to see the results of the testing.
I made a total of $10 at the craft show this weekend. Everyone says that I undercharge for the quilts but then no one will buy them. I was telling Mikey that it doesn't matter if I charge $1 or $1000 if no one is buying them. The kids were all excited because they got to keep one. I am on the lookout for more Bratz material, I have a niece with a birthday coming up that really wants a quilt with them and 411 snatched it up as soon as I set the box down after the show. At least my children think I am cool! ;)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'll be anxious to see what Bubba did on his quiz, too. I remember him laying on the floor in the other house reading adult comic books, and he was a little tyke. He just cracks me up. Some of his problems being 'good'(I don't believe any of the stories you tell about him, BTW) might be his intelligence. Just a thought