Monday, November 12, 2007

Another weekend gone.

Friday night I went up to the nursing home my Grandmother is in with my mom to have Thanksgiving dinner with her. It was one of the most uncomfortable, depressing things I have ever done. She didn't have a clue who we were. The only time she showed any interest in anything was when the singer started singing carols. I didn't see even a glimpse of the ornery, vibrant woman I knew as my grandmother. This is my mom, my g'ma, and me.

Saturday Mike and I were sitting around the house and he said he wanted hot wings. I told him that a poker party would go really well with them. So we called the local party spot (aka Chelle's) and asked if she wanted to have a cheap poker party. She said sure but only if Mike made wings. I took my camera, I swear I did, but did I manage to get even one shot? Hell to the no. Then Sunday, while we were having a lazy day, Uncle Wein called and told us to come out, there was a deer we needed to see. Apparently the neighbors had been raising this lil guy since he needed a bottle and he comes and goes and is extremely tame. It was an experience the kids loved!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't know where Wein lives, but Steve and I were out driving one Saturday morning down your way and saw a little girl in her front yard with a deer, I wonder if it is the same deer? It didn't seem like it was afraid, and it stood there for a long time while she was working with it, I had no idea, maybe she was feeding it a bottle?

Cindy said...

It's amazing how much you look like your mom, and how much she looks like her mom, I guess we know where you're headed!