Friday, November 9, 2007

These are the days......

Despite popular belief , I do not enjoy being the bitch. I am having one of those days, I try to be a good parent and that results in my being called a bitch. I know that I can't always be the cool one and most of the time I am ok with being the bad guy. This morning I asked one of my teens to wear her coat. Since it is 25 degrees outside, I didn't see this as an unreasonable request. You would have thought I asked her to wear a moo moo. Keep in mind, this is a coat that she picked out herself last week. It is so stupid and trivial and I really shouldn't let it get to me. BUT the way I see it, I am unreasonable and bitchy about enough stuff, I shouldn't get this treatment when it's not warranted. Oh wait, in a teens eye, it is always warranted. Why is it that teens think you are the enemy? I lived through my teen years, I should have remembered them better before I decided to have kids. I need to find a parenting class on teens. Or some good happy pills. ;)

No comments: