Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

Silence. Oh the luxury of silence!! After a snow day (well, ice day really) with all five of the sweet blessings and Mikey, I am thoroughly enjoying the lack of noise. Not that it was too bad, except the night before both Mikey and Chick had the flu and I had been up most of the night earning my Nightingale badge. Then you add in it is soooo hard for 5 kids to have the desire to let alone BE quiet, it made for a long day. They are in school and work now though so all is right in my world, 'cept for the hours of housework I am avoiding.
My mom called me, she is going to go spend the weekend before Christmas with my brother and his kids and then come down and spend Christmas eve/day with my family. That is of course weather permitting. And this is the woman who used the "jet stream" excuse. I spose I should explain that. When I was pregnant with Chick, I was staying with my sister in law that was about an hour and a half away from where my mom lived. It was 20 minutes off the highway to go to my grandmothers. Anyway, she hadn't seen me since I left for Korea 5 or 6 months before and was on her way to G'ma's. She said sure they would stop but never did and the next time I talked to her, she said the jet stream had interfered with their plans. You know the jet stream, the air currents a ways up. Yeah that was her excuse so until I see the whites of her eyes I don't get too excited, or at least try no to. Especially after Thanksgiving.
I have to take the 5 demons shopping today after school; Blondie has a Christmas concert tomorrow. I am not sure there is enough Prozac in my world for this but I am not left with many options. Hopefully she will fall in love with the first thing she sees. Yeah that's something to hope for.

No comments: