Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post Christmas

I finally got it right! My kids were so excited by their gifts this year, there wasn't a 'oh...umm.... thanks' at all. Not once. YEAH!!
Christmas eve we let the demons open one gift and then the rest on Christmas day. On Monday we went out to Chelle's and visited for a couple hours. Mikey started playing poker and I took the kids home to get ready for the big fat mans visit. As soon as we got in the van to come home, Bubba asked if we could check to see where Santa was on Norad's website. We checked it out (all the while I am praying that he is not over Iowa cuz I gotta get 4 of them to bed). He was in South Carolina so we had time to make the reindeer food and sprinkle it outside, get jammies on and get everyone settled down. Then I had to move Mister because he is wound like a top and needs to be separated. 411 went out like a light in 2 minutes. Bubba comes around and says that he can't sleep, I told him it hadn't even been 5 minutes, he needed to go try again. 20 minutes later he comes back and says he still can't, I told him he had to try, try counting back from 100 with his eyes closed. Then I heard him crying so I asked him what was wrong. He told me "I am afraid I am going to ruin everyone's Christmas because I can't fall asleep". Talk about melting my heart. So I found him a tylonel and told him it had sleeping stuff in it. within 10 minutes, he was out.
I woke up at 4:30, I was so excited for the kids to find their stuff. Chick was up at 5:30 (because she set the alarm on her phone) and woke 411 up. By 6 everyone was up; Chick carried Bubba out to the living room because her wasn't moving fast enough for her. My mom got down here about 7:30, I was surprised. Later in the afternoon we went to see Mike's mom. Then we came home and were bums the rest of the night. I loaded Mike's MP3 player for him and he went to bed. I watched TRANSFORMERS with Bubba, what a cute movie. Of course, I remember Transformers from my childhood so it was kinda different for me. There was a scene or two that struck me as hilarious and me and the kids had to pause it because we were laughing so hard.
So today I get to clean up the house and try to get things back to normal. Yeah me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny to read about a normal family Christmas! We spend so much time coordinating visits with the "other" parents, the "other" grandparents, the extended family who aren't actually related because they divorced out of the family, etc, etc....