Thursday, October 4, 2007

Doing better today. Yesterday Chick and I spent the day together and met up with Chelle for lunch and a quick trip to the local dollar tree for some Halloween Spooktacular supplies. We spent 3 hours looking for shoes. 3 hours. We went to every store that sells shoes. We even went to the Buckle, which by the way, I wouldn't recommend unless you like being followed around and shown merchandise at every pause. That is not my preferred way to shop. After we finally found a pair of shoes that was way to expensive but by that time I just wanted to be done, Chelle came and we had lunch. After our adventures to the middle of Omaha, she brought us back to our Kia. Yeah, let me tell you about that damned thing. It is a gutless little thing normally but at least it doesn't smell, doesn't leak and all the seat belts work not to mention the radio and air conditioning. So Chick and I braved Walmart and then made another stop real quick to get gas. When we went to pull out of the gas station onto Broadway (the main drive in Council Bluffs), it wouldn't go. It rolled far enough into traffic that people were stopping to let us out but it wouldn't go any farther. Then I couldn't get it to go backwards either. Did I mention that this is at 5 pm or so? Really fun. I called Mike, he couldn't leave right that second but he was on his way as soon as he could. I called my mom who had driven down to stay with Mr after he got home from school to let her know I was going to be a little later. I tried to move it again, I got it to scoot back (after 5 full minutes of trying) 10 feet or so, so I was at least out of traffic's way. I called Mike again, called my mother again, and vented a little to Chick. I decided to try it again, and I noticed that the air was on. I turned that off and the little P.O.S. took right off like there had never been a problem. Made it all the way to Mike's shop without a problem. Then I had to go get Chinese because I didn't feel like cooking. :) Chick didn't want anything and Blondie doesn't like Chinese and it still cost me $40. It is nuts how expensive it is but damn is it good. I should have then been prepared for Chick coming into my room in the middle of the night to tell me she puked. She LOVES Chinese and something must have been bothering her pretty bad to miss out on it.
Mr was very good for my mom. Of course, she is convinced that he is Damien reincarnated. She never has sugar coated things for me and sometimes that hurts but I know when she says that my kids were good for her it is the truth. I always worry that people tell you that your kids were good and then go 'damn, I am glad they are gone' when you leave. Not that anyone would ever do that. ;)

No comments: