Friday, October 12, 2007

Good Morning

This is how my day starts. I get Bubba up, I get 411 and Blondie up, I get Chick up. I go back to Bubba's room and wake him up again, I go back to Chick's room and wake her up again. I start the first of 15 loads of laundry. I tell 411 she is NOT wearing that, to go change. I make Bubba get out of bed and put clothes on. I yell down the hall to make sure Chick isn't still laying in bed. By this time the 20 questions from 411 has started. I tell her I don't know where her tennis shoes are since I don't wear them. Then Chick comes stomping out telling me that she can't find a bra. I tell her that she knows how to operate the washer, and maybe she should use that knowledge (which, by the way, she did when she wanted a towel for the pregnant stray). Off she huffs to her room. Blondie is up and dressed and staring off into space, until I leave the room, then she follows me. Tell Bubba that he has to wear his tennis shoes. And socks. Try not to laugh at the anguish on his face. Remind myself that 411 is trying new looks and she won't always look like a homeless child. Give Chick her meds, give Blondie her meds. I go to open the curtains in the living room and return to see Chick getting a bowl for cereal. I tell her that the last of the milk got used this morning. She gets all pissy because 'gawd, I only got 1 bowl of cereal yesterday' I explain there are 5 kids who want cereal, and apologize for not getting more milk. I go into the dining room to get the table straightened up since no one else seems to understand that seeing the top of the table isn't a special occasion. Chick decides to get waffles and has trouble with the toaster, to which she mumbles something under her breath about it not being plugged in. Blondie looks over and says 'hey, its not plugged in' . Just trying to be helpful. Next thing I know, Chick is bringing out the entire ugly attitude. I told her she needs to stop being so hateful, Blondie was just trying to help. To which Chick says, no, she was being really snotty to me. UMM, no, I was standing right here and she wasn't giving off any vibe of rudeness at all. So then Chick goes (this is my favorite part) "you are not hearing her right" .Are you serious right now? For pete's sake. I hope she gets over herself and has a good day but I am sure I will get the whole list of who did her wrong when she gets home from school.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

LORD, some days are more trying than others. At least you have a decent grocery store to go to. I don't go into ours much, but when I did a month ago, there was a huge chunk of frost that fell in the frozen food section and was sitting at the bottom of the freezer where you open the door. I commented on it to Steve, because he knows how picky I am about stuff. He went there on Tuesday to get a pound of hamburger. He came home to tell me that same chunk of frost was still sitting in the bottom of the freezer. Nobody must buy out of the frozen section. So imagine how nasty the food must be with frost? Makes my skin crawl. We only do emergency shopping there. Most times I will go without before entering that place. The produce, don't get me started!