Thursday, October 18, 2007

Some small good news

I took Mr to the allergist today and he told me that he is pretty sure that Mr will outgrow his peanut allergy, maybe even before kindergarten. They did the skin test on him (that is where they poke him with like 15 different kinds of common allergies) and he reacted very minimally to two of them. They did discover the poor thing has a severe sinus infection. He did really well, it is amazing what a promise of a new car will get out of him.



I have neglected to mention my newest (great?) niece that was born on Oct 12. Her name is Hadleigh and she came into the world at a whopping 4 lbs and 14 ounces. She also has a heart problem and has already had a surgery. She will have to have another one probably within a couple of weeks. I mentioned her impending arrival a few posts ago. My heart goes out to her mommy and daddy, Stacy and Curtis. Last year ago, our nephew's son JJ was born and he had to have a surgery right away too (his was for a blocked intestine I think). And some people we know, Starr and Jeff had a baby that had heart troubles and had to have surgery right away too. It is so scary when it involves surgery but tenfold that when it is a baby, let alone a brand new one. Don't get me wrong, I think it is amazing what doctors can do these days. I am extremely grateful that medicine has advanced so much that these lil people have a fighting chance.

Not really anything new around here. Blondie and Chick are in a competition to see which one can get renamed GRUMPY first. Teens are fun. 411 is still angling for as much attention as she can get. Bubba is realizing that by doing his work, he is getting out of trouble. Mr has got his ornery on. He is so full of energy. Today we are going on a preschool field trip to a farm. That ought to be right up his alley with all the tractors and such.

Mikey got his new one ton paid for. He is on the lookout for a little truck to drive back and forth to work. It kills me, I knew he wouldn't last driving the old van. I am happy with my vehicle, I spose it is only fair that he be happy with his.

No comments: