Thursday, January 3, 2008

A moment

Today I was reading through the local paper and for some reason I read the obituaries. I usually skip these as I rarely know anyone in them. Today I did though and I found Todd R. Knutson. When I was young and lived in Miserable Belly (Missouri Valley to anyone outside the family) I had a best friend, Brandy Pleas. She had a boyfriend, Troy (remember Shawna?), who had a step-brother named Todd. We hung out and messed around like any early teens would do. After I moved to Colorado, he still called every once in awhile. Those were good times in a time of my life there weren't many.
So today I found his obituary. He was 38, living in Florida. It makes me sad because I remember a goofy, red headed teen who made me laugh.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I saw that, too. I was told he was military.

Unknown said...

I remember Troy; was his stepbrother the one with the really long dark hair?
For some reason the name Sid comes to mind.

Brandy said...

Sid was his brother, Todd was their step, from Glenwood. He had red hair and came up only once in awhile. And, yes Cindy, he was in the Navy.

Cindy said...

It's so sad, he was much too young to leave the world.