Friday, April 4, 2008

Lifelines

Oppositional Defiant Disorder. This is what I live with. Let me give you examples I say "you need to take a shower everyday, you have gone through puberty, you have adult odors, you need to bathe". No shower, bath, or even wipe down happens for days on end. I say "it is 30 degrees outside, you need a winter coat on". It is carried out the door on an arm, while a nylon running jacket is worn. I say "you have a chore to do, get it done". A sleeping pill is taken and off to dreamland with no chore done. On top of another child with anal retentive tendencies, another one hell bent to destroy everything he can as quickly as he can, another one with serious illusions of neglect, and yet another one who is passive aggressive enough to make you pull your hair out. Is it any wonder that I am counting down till my weekend getaway, birthday breakfasts, lunches with my mom, etc. These are my sanity lifelines.

1 comment:

supermom said...

you crack me up. those teens must be difficult. i don't think i am looking forward to those days! lol!