Saturday, July 28, 2007

HMMMMM

My mom called me last night to tell me an ex boyfriend of hers passed away. This was the guy that she was with all throughout my high school life and I did NOT like him. I had no respect for him and still found him a pathetic man when we moved back to the area. I know that is really harsh and I am probably going to hell for speaking ill of the dead but it is what it is. Anyway, the funeral home called my mother and told her because she was the only person they knew that even knew who he was other then to say hello. His only friend basically. Which is really sad because they had broken up in 98 and she told him to stay completely out of her life like 3 years ago. Apparently, he died a couple weeks ago and they just found his body. It is so sad that a person, a human being, can pass away and not be discovered because no one cares enough to visit. I have read that there are cases where it is years and I still don't see how that is possible. But again, I digress. The point I am stumbling around here try to make, is that I am aware that my mom is living by herself and if I don't talk to her at least once every other day, I might start to get worried now. It is amazing that just a few years ago, I didn't care if I talked to her every other Month. I am truly glad that her and I have gotten to a point in our lives that we can enjoy a relationship. As a matter of fact, I am going to go up and surprise her with a visit today before all of the festivities tonight.

No comments: