Sunday, July 1, 2007

The weekend

Yesterday was the big party and fireworks at the river. Not to be confused with the Fish Fry on the Fourth, we like to party!!;) Anyway, it was a lot of fun. There were alot of people there and not one fight broke out, I was pretty impressed. I had a couple drinks ( my bastard bombpops) and I think it went over pretty well. I was glad to have a relaxing, enjoyable time after my Friday.
For the one or two people who don't know about it, I have been waiting on paperwork from the state to make me an officially registered daycare provider. The thing that was holding it up was the criminal background checks, they have to have one for everyone over the age of 14 who lives in the house. And what was irritating about that, I just had one done to be a foster parent last year. It took them a month to come to the conclusion that they could use that one to approve my application. Gotta love government. All these rules that just tie things up. Anyway, I had been babysitting my oldest nieces (the fascinating psychological study) daughters for her since APRIL 19th assuming they would retro the pay since she is on state paid babysitting assistance. WELL, first I found out that they would only go back to May 1st. Ok, I can deal with that, 2 weeks of her outta pocket expense, no biggie. Then I got my mail and finally got my paperwork approving me and to file to get paid. I called to check on a case number and found out I had to call another lady (more gov't, love it) and when I finally got ahold of her, I found out they had cancelled her assistance. In APRIL. So, on paper, I am left holding a bill for childcare totalling (dum roll please..) $2420.00 (11 weeks at $220 a week). Yeah, everyone told me I was going to get bent, she kinda has a track record. I thought I had all my bases covered. I bet she was really glad it took so long for me to get the paperwork to figure it out. I am so done but she ran away and I haven't been able to tell her to take a long walk off a short pier yet. It it 10:30 on a Sunday night and she still is not back. ppppbbbbbffffttttttttt
Mike's buddy Zach is supposed to be here in the morning. I am so looking forward to being left behind while they do guy things. I did get to go to the grocery store by myself (well, with Chelle and the girls) so I guess it is fair. NOT!! I am happy for Mikey having a close friend like that, I really am, I just hate being left out. It's all good though, I bought another bottle of UV for Wednesday. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

WOW! I am so sorry you aren't getting paid. Weird, I would think the state would pay retroactively. BUMMER!