Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I hate being a grown up

I have come to the conclusion that I have a sickness when it comes to my kids and clothes. Well, sorta. I don't really buy a lot new but when it comes to yard sales and thrift stores, watch out. I helped 411 go through her clothes to weed out what doesn't fit, is stained, ripped, or just plain something she doesn't like. I took out a kitchen flex bag full and her closet and dresser are still full. Her biggest problem is she likes to wear all her pretty stuff but she is a dirt magnet and the first time she wears whatever it gets destroyed. Chick of course is turning 4 shades of green because 411 has more clothes then she does. I told her if she wasn't so picky and didn't have such a large chest, she probably would have just as much. As it is, I don't dare buy anything for Chick that she isn't right the to approve because as we all know, as a mother, I am totally stupid and it amazing I can dress myself and breathe on my own.
I have been looking over everyone's wardrobes in preparation of school starting. I think the boys and 411 will be ok, just have to get new shoes to start with. Chick is going to need shoes and shirts, which means I have to shedule in a shopping trip. I like that they can start with shorts for the first month or so because by the time you get the fees paid, pictures, lunch tickets taken care of, it is more then what I spend on Christmas. It is insane how much it costs but that is what I get for having 4 kids I spose.
Mikey told the kids to do some chores while he is at work. I hate when he does that because then I have to be the one that makes sure that it all gets done. I make them do it first thing to get it out of the way and then by the time that he gets here around 5 pm, they have been playing all day and you can't tell anything was done. So then I have to make them do it again or do it myself. I keep worrying that I am spending too much energy on the little stuff and not enjoying the childhoods that are happening. BUT, on the flipside, I hate living in a pit.
Mikey is interviewing for his bosses job tomorrow, keep all fingers crossed for him. And Whimpy, her interview is tomorrow too. I really hope both go well, they are deserved positions.
Whimpy and I went shopping last night for her an interview outfit. She ended up buying a new pair of slacks to go with a top she already has but getting out of the house to be a grown up was AWESOME!! We went to dinner and then wandered Gordmans and Walmart. Nothing totally outrageous but just those couple of hours go a long way towards my mental health.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am so psyched for Mikey and Wendy, I hope they both get it, they are both good at what they do!