Monday, July 30, 2007

We're triplets

I have my niece Jr, 411 and her friend Kendall here. They have decided that they are all Hanna Montana & they are triplets in their game and now they are jewelery shopping. I just sit here and giggle as I am eavesdropping. They are all 7&8 and they get along quite well. Till next year, that seems to be the magic age for grief to start. Megs, Chick and Mouth all went through it (3 years later it seems to be getting better) . The boys (Bubba, Danbo and Loges) seem to be getting into that grove of not getting along. Big deep breath, and release on GOOOOOOSEFAAAABAAAAA
My babysitting check finally came. By the time I paid a couple bills and got a tad bit of groceries, I have $50 dollars left. It feels great to pay the bills but DAMN it sucks that it goes so quickly. Yet once again I reiterate, I hate being a grown up.
We had a surprise birthday party for my brother in law on Saturday. When I say we I mean Whimpy, she just had it at our lot on the river. It was such a nice time, no big blow outs, no nastiness, just a peaceful gathering of friends and family. You know, it is always scary when you get large groups together because there is always someone irritated with someone else. Whether it is a long standing feud or just some silly drama of the day, there is something to cause tension. But, I must say no hostility raised its head Saturday. I may be mistaken but I think everyone had a great time. I love get togethers like that.
Speaking of get togethers, Kathy is having one this Saturday for all the birthdays in their family. I am excited, she is making a double batch of her buffalo dip. Now if I can just convince everyone else that it is bad for them I can have the whole thing, bwa ha ha (wink wink) That also happens to be the day of my birthday breakfast, I am really looking forward to that. Getting out without kids, being taken to br/unch, and spending the day some of my favorite people. What is not to love??

No comments: