Monday, January 7, 2008

Do you ever...

Feel completely ineffectual and superfluous? I was feeling like that yesterday, like what the hell is the point? I am not accomplishing anything that amounts to anything. I am not making any great difference. If I disappeared, not a lot of people would notice. It wasn't a good day, between Bubba and Mister taking 7 hours to clean their room, 411 nagging about her birthday, Chick holing up in her room, my house being a pit, the dishes stacking up, the laundry multiplying, my frustration levels were at an all time high. Or close to it. Then I finally got it through the boys' head, they will clean their room. Mikey made dinner for everyone. And I got to watch 3 new episodes of shows I like. ( I am sooo swayed by little things) But the big thing was one of the kids needed me. Really needed me for a few minutes, I helped the mental well being of a person that I am raising. It reminded me of the saying that you see, to the world you may be no one but to someone , you are the world (or something to that effect). It may be a selfish way of looking at the situation, but I felt needed and that is wonderful.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

i would notice if you were gone.

Unknown said...

Yes, I would notice, also, because your blog would be woefully out of date.

Ha ha!

I know you don't remember it, but you gave me a gold band that you'd found somewhere, and we called it a friendship ring. I'm still wearing it.

Brandy said...

wow, flashback, I do remember that. Thanks for reminding me!!