Thursday, January 24, 2008

Memories

I was making dinner earlier and my 8 year old was watching Hanna Montana. There was an episode that dealt with getting picked last for PE. Boy howdy did that remind me of 7th grade. Let me share the story. See, I sucked at sports (still do). I was really bad and I knew it but no one wants to admit it. All my friends were just as bad so it worked out pretty good. Except one friend, this little beater of her own drum, Shawna. She rocked and everyone wanted her on their team. One day our sadistic gym teacher, Mr. Bowman, let Shawna be a team captain (that right was reserved for the "cool" kids, you know the ones with actual athletic talent) and she chose me first, then some our other friends that never got picked early in any game. As a matter of fact, it was the only time that I wasn't chosen last that I can remember. Anyway, our illustrious paragon of education got mad that Shawna chose her friends over a winning team. When we got spanked but good at whatever game it was, he made her run laps for each point we lost by. Tried to teach her a lesson (which I think was a crappy one BTW) but she told him that she would do it again. That made her my hero for a very long time and I still think it is one of the coolest things ever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya know, I remember that! I was just thinking about it not too long ago! What a dick. Tried to teach us all a lesson, but in the end it just looked like he was being mean.
Oh hey, don't forget--I picked Kim Sorenson to be on our loser team and she was visibly pissed. Miss Basketball herself.

supermom said...

well, that is cool what your friend did. good for her. what a jerk off of a teacher,but most those pe jocky teacher guys are asses anyways!