Monday, January 14, 2008

grades, maids and more

I have gotten report cards for all the kids for the semester. Chick has made the A honor roll, Bubba was a tenth of a percent from hitting the B, 411 has all exceeding marks (they don't do letters in 2nd grade). Then there was Blondies. While it was way higher then her last one, it was still lower then the others. She was upset by that, we told her that as long as she was doing the best she could do, that was all we wanted. She made a comment about Chick's grades being all A's and she didn't even have one. (I have never had to deal with this kind of thing before so I am hoping that I did ok.) I told her that Chick has always had good grades, that is her best effort. Not everyone's best is the same and as long as she is trying the hardest she can, we are proud of her grades too.

Chick has decided that I want a maid and am making her be it. I have tried to explain to her that EVERYONE has to pitch in more, they are all capable. This is the point where steam starts building behind my ears and the world gets a pinker tint. I am trying to tell her I am the grown up and she is the child because obviously, she has forgotten that somewhere. She has taken it as her job to decide how much chores each person does. I can feel my hair turning gray.

I finally got my rings from Christmas back from being sized, that is what I get for having fat fingers. It takes forever.

I watched some movies over the weekend. 3:10 to Yuma (with Russel Crowe) , it was ok, not really spectacular but not terribly boring either. December Boys (with Daniel Radcliffe), that was Boring. A Good Year (with Russel Crowe again) was ok, nothing to recommend it. All of these movies were supposed to be excellent and none of them made much of an impression. I will be so glad when the writer's strike is over, for godsakes, compromise people!!

No comments: