Thursday, January 31, 2008

She's done lost her mind

I bet most of you are thinking of me right now huh? It feels like it somedays but this time I am talking about Britney Spears. The woman has lost her mind, anyone in America and probably most of the world would agree with that. So, if you or I behaved even remotely like what she has been, wouldn't they have locked us up? I am thinking! Someone has her interest in mind and not just what they can get out of her and called to have her committed for a psych eval. That is a good idea BUT does it really take 8 police officers, 2 helicopters and multiple vehicles?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/31/britney.spears/index.html The circus that surrounds her is beyond ridiculous and doncha think taxpayers money could go towards better things then having half a precinct accompanying one woman?
Nothing really knew at the ole homestead to report. Chick's (and Megs)class is going on a field trip to Washington DC next year. So they are doing a lot of fundraising to help the parents finance it (it is about $1400 per kid). There are 53 kids signed up; it is a big undertaking. She brought home a note Tuesday that they are doing a soup supper and bake sale as one of the first fundraisers so I get to bake away tonight. I wish I had some fabulous new recipe but I am nervous about trying one out for this. I am always open to trying new things but four out of the last six new recipes have been huge failures. ( I did make killer gumbo though I must say) Terrible, nasty, inedible creations that I was embarrassed to admit came from my kitchen. I am second guessing my choices now. I think I will stick with what I know works.
There is another sister breakfast coming soon. It would be fabulous if the two sisters that are going to be honored would send out their lists. The last time someone didn't send out a list, she got an UGLY ceramic rooster with a thong painted on it's butt. I had a lot of fun with it. I am trying to talk Michelle into starting an afternoon out with our teen girls and us once in awhile. I so enjoy the days that we all go out as sisters and I want my girls to have that. Most people have friends and family, mine is all meshed together and that is a wonderful feeling.
I watched a couple more movies ( I keep saying I have too much time) CHILDREN OF MEN (with Clive Owen) and PRIZE WINNER OF DEFIANCE, OHIO (with Julianne Moore and Woody Harrelson). They were both worth watching. Children of Men was supposed to be a great, thought provoking movie. The concept is interesting enough (no baby has been born for 18 years and suddenly, a woman is knocked up), but I really didn't like what they did with it. I thought there was way too much gratuitous violence and the significance of some things was totally ignored. And they killed people they didn't need to just for shock value. Prize Winner was a good movie if you are into nostalga, not a rush right out and buy but if I find it cheap or is given to me, I will be happy. I personally am fascinated with the 50's and the thinking and how far feminism has come. Trying to explain to my 13 year old why only the husband put his name on the mortgage when the wife won the money to put down or why the husband was so angry with her winning was kinda hard. Those are concepts from another time (thankfully) and I laughed to myself when she said "what? that is sooo stupid!! I would NOT accept that".

No comments: